Many say the festival’s lack of a curating body is what makes the Fringe so special. Participation in the Hollywood Fringe is completely open and uncensored. By opening the gates to anyone with a vision, the festival not only reflects the most diverse and cutting-edge points of view but also motivates its participants to produce the best work that they can (instead of relying on the festival to do all the heavy lifting). The festival is a rallying point for novice and experienced artists alike and provides a critical mass of audience. The Fringe is dedicated to promoting growth, community and collaboration through an expansive mission to champion underground artists and challenge the growth of established performers. Because of these core values, the Hollywood Fringe is now one of the largest uncensored arts festivals in the United States.
Articles in this section
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- WHAT IS HOLLYWOOD FRINGE?
- WHERE IS FRINGE?
- THE FRINGE MODEL (how it all works... in 2021)
- TIMELINE FOR THE 2021 FESTIVAL
- CULTURAL EQUITY AND INCLUSION STATEMENT & PLAN
- WHY WE ARE OPEN ACCESS
- FRINGE BUTTONS & HOT SPOTS
- HOW TO VOLUNTEER OR INTERN