Are you looking to get involved in the Los Angeles performing arts community? Come volunteer for the Hollywood Fringe Festival! Volunteers are vital to keeping the Hollywood Fringe Festival running smoothly. We are seeking individuals who are excited about supporting our community of artists and audiences.
Complete this application to join the 2023 volunteer team: https://forms.gle/u9zx5RUW1DbUNRnLA
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for merchandise sales & inventory
- Manage will call check in for festival parties & other events
- Engage with patrons by offering assistance, information, and ticket sales at Fringe Central
- Facilitating an extraordinary fringe festival experience for our participants and audiences!
Event Production Support
- Collaborate with festival & venue staff to ensure the successful run of events
- Help set up for festival parties
- Open and close Fringe Central
- Ideally able to safely lift and carry at least 30lbs
- Responsible for transporting & distributing festival materials
- Have a vehicle you’re willing to use
- Ideal for physical performers & improvisers (with or without experience)
- Must be comfortable dressing up in our ‘freak’ costume (a spandex bodysuit & freak head)
- Engage with guests & pose for pictures while maintaining a strong awareness of boundaries
Ambassador (require previous experience as a HFF volunteer & additional training)
- Provide information about the festival’s programs, audience services & 2023 shows
- Demonstrate how to navigate the festival’s guide & website
- Knowledgeable about of the festival’s donor program
- Flexible & able to assume multiple volunteer roles & responsibilities
- A positive problem solver, able to take initiative and accomplish various tasks
- Willing to be a leader at the request of staff & mentor new volunteers on the job
- Be 18 years or older (must be over 21 years old for certain shifts, depending on the venue)
- Have enthusiasm for the arts and fringe theatre
- Be willing to take direction from festival staff & collaborate with fellow volunteers
- Be reliable, able to commit to at least two volunteer shifts during the 2023 festival (in person in Hollywood)
- Successfully complete a HFF virtual volunteer training session (2 hours)
- Able to maintain professionalism as representative of the HFF & adhere to the code of conduct
- Professional Development: Gain valuable experience, practice new skills, make fringe connections, and directly contribute to the success of our festival!
- By volunteering at least 8 hours (your training session plus a minimum of two shifts) you will earn:
- There will be chances to win gifts and prizes as well.
- Exclusive access to free/discounted tickets for volunteers, so you can experience many of the freaky fun shows that make this festival great!
- One FREE Classic Black or Vintage Hollywood Fringe Festival T-shirt!
- An invitation to the 2023 volunteer appreciation party!
- Discounts on drinks & merchandise at Fringe Central!
- By volunteering over 18 hours during the 2023 festival, you’ll receive special recognition during our closing night ceremony!
- Once you’re in the volunteer program, if interested you’ll have opportunities to be considered for leadership roles within the volunteer program & other fringe positions. (In fact our festival director, Lois, started out as a volunteer just like you!)
IMPORTANT 2023 DATES
Most shifts will take place:
- Wednesdays in May
- Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays in June
- Opening night June 7th
- Closing night June 25th
If you cannot find the answers to your questions about volunteering, or if need help applying, please contact Wiley@HollywoodFringe.org