One of the benefits of any Fringe (in addition to the potential for press, money, and exposure) is the opportunity to take away an award.
Most of the awards are independently sponsored by local organizations. Interested in being a part of our industry program & presenting a Discover Fringe Award? Propose an Award. Have any questions? Please email email@example.com.
Here are the terms and conditions for presenting an award:
- The sponsoring organization must be able to present an award in the form of a plaque, statuette and/or a certificate
- You may present ONE award per organization (but can be presented to multiple awardees)
- It is encouraged that you provide the opportunity to take their show to the next level (i.e. complimentary coaching sessions, an extended run, etc). Awards that include an opportunity to take the awardee’s show to the next level will be accepted first.
The name of the award cannot include a superlative such as “best of”, “pick of” or “greatest” along with the term Fringe. Ideally, the word “fringe” is not included in the title at all. Awards should be branded for the sponsoring organization, not the Hollywood Fringe Festival.
- All award information must be submitted online to the Fringe by Wednesday, May 18th for for consideration.
- Applications for award applicants will open Monday, May 23rd, 2022 (10 days before HFF previews). You must correspond with applicants beginning that date.
- You must notify us of your nominees by 10am on Saturday, June 25 and your winner by 10am on Sunday, June 26 (email firstname.lastname@example.org).
One or two organization representatives must present the award on Sunday, June 26, 2022 (sponsored award check in begins at 6:15pm, the ceremony begins at approximately 7:30pm)
Sponsors must supply:
- The name of the Award
- A contact to whom participants might pose questions
- A description of the award
- Qualifications for potential shows to participate
- A methodology on how the winners are chosen
- Proof that the organization has a voting committee of at least 3 people and that there will be the following number of participants on the committee that come from outside your organization.
- Committee size of 3-5 voters should have at least one member from outside the organization's programs and admin staff.
- Committee size of 6-10 voters should have at least two members from outside the organization's programs and admin staff.
- Committee size of 11+ voters should have at least 20% of the committee from outside the organization's programs and admin staff.
- A reward to the winners. This does not need to be financial, but it is encouraged to offer something to take the show to the next level (including a donation of time/expertise/in-kind offers vs monetary award).
- The number of shows the sponsor commits to attend
- The awards equity plan the sponsored awards applicant will implement to ensure that their committee is diverse and represents the full Fringe community in regards to race, ethnicity, gender, physically and intellectually disabled, D/deaf, and LGBTQ+ diversity.
We want to make sure that our sponsored award presenters understand the finances lost when over-requesting comps to our participant’s shows. While it’s important to request comps to the shows you need to see, every ticket you request is a ticket that a participant cannot sell. Think about paying full price for tickets that you aren’t 100% sure you can attend.
If you reserve a comp ticket to a show at the Fringe to review for an award, you must honor your commitment to that show. If we receive reports that more than three instances that a requested comp ticket has not been used by a sponsored award representative, you will not be able to present an award the following year.
The sponsoring organization must be a legally incorporated organization (LLC, Corp, LLP, etc). The organization should think about equity and diversity when choosing award committee members, including participants from all racial, ethnic cultural, intellectually or physically disabled, D/deaf, and/or the LGBTQ+ backgrounds.
Participation in the Hollywood Fringe Sponsored Awards Program is wholly based on the approval of the Hollywood Fringe organization. No transfer of any funds between Fringe and sponsor is asked for or accepted in exchange for participation.