Distributing postcards, posters, and/or other creative marketing products is a great way to market your show. Here are some rules (and tips!) regarding your printed goods.
- Print the Hollywood Fringe logo on your materials. You will need the logo on your flyer if you want placement in a Fringe-run venue. You can download the logo at http://www.hollywoodfringe.org/branding. (If you forget to do this, you can print stickers of the Fringe logo and place them on the flyers).
YOU MUST NOT...
- Leave or adhere your promotional materials anywhere without permission, especially in public places. The city can issue a fine.
- Use creativity or your materials may not stand out from the crowd!
- Make sure the main text is legible, even from a few feet away.
- Include essential info: What, Where, When and How Much are the most important details. Don’t leave this out, but also don’t include so much text that it overwhelms your materials.
- Spell check, spell check, spell check!
- Offer your materials to people you don’t know, but make conversation first. Be engaging!
- Place your postcards in other Fringe venues & Hot Spots (make sure to talk with the venue manager first). Let them know you are part of the Hollywood Fringe, and they’ll let you know where you can display your materials if they have space.
YOU SHOULD NOT...
- Move or cover up other people’s postcards with your own. The Fringe staff won’t hesitate to remove your flyers if you do this. If you’re having trouble finding room for your materials, consult with the venue’s manager.
- Hand out postcards to an audience walking out of a show unless you have permission.
- Print more flyers than you need - be mindful of the environment!