The Hollywood Fringe is dedicated to creating an inclusive environment, regardless of ethnicity, culture, religion, age, ability (physical or intellectual), sexual orientation and gender identity/expression.
The participant is free to produce any content of any length without fear of censorship from the Fringe, barring any illegal behavior or anything outlined in the below agreement. To read more on this, please visit this blog about the Fringe.
This code of conduct exists to honor the level of respect among the company that already exists, in person and digitally. We know that outlining these responsibilities elevates our core values as a community and provides us with clear actionables should the culture of the festival ever head in a different direction. We will enforce and expand this statement as the festival grows.
The contents of this code of conduct are concepts we hope our participants value in their daily lives, but this code of conduct applies specifically to interactions in various areas of our shared festival grounds: including, but not limited to, our Festival-sponsored events, shared online spaces, social media, performance venues, Fringe Hot Spots and other surrounding businesses, Fringe-specific rehearsals, and all workshops/town halls.
Harmful behavior is not tolerated by the Hollywood Fringe Festival. Harmful behavior includes sexual harassment, excessive drinking, aggression, and other inappropriate behavior as determined by the festival organization.
The Hollywood Fringe Festival reserves the right to refuse access to anyone from Fringe Festival activities, Fringe Central and more for behavior violating the below policy, with or without warning.
- Sexual harassment and sexual assault are completely forbidden. Sexual harassment includes unwanted touching, comments, lewd propositions and gestures. If you experience this or see it, please report it to any Fringe staff person and/or email email@example.com. This email exclusively goes to executive staff to review and any emails will be responded to within 48 hours.
- Verbal and physical intimidation, hate speech and/or harassment are absolutely not allowed. Hate speech is abusive or threatening speech (verbal, written, and/or any other form of communication) that expresses prejudice against a particular group, especially on the basis of race, religion, or sexual orientation. Harassment is unwanted, unwelcomed and uninvited behavior that demeans, threatens or offends the victim and results in a hostile environment for the victim. Harassing behavior may include, but is not limited to, epithets, derogatory comments, assault, impeding or blocking movement, offensive touching or any physical interference with movement, and visual insults, such as derogatory posters or cartoons.
- The Hollywood Fringe actively works to confront racism, xenophobia, homophobia, transphobia, sexism, ageism, fatphobia, and ableism at the festival. This includes, but is not limited to, any derogatory comments, unsafe actions, intentional misgendering or harassment towards any party.
- Know your limits when it comes to alcohol. Fringe reserves the right to stop serving you at any point.
- Aggressive behavior often goes along with excessive drinking and has no place at our events. Aggressive behavior due to drinking can include, but is not limited to, physical violence, physical and verbal threats, and verbal altercations.
- Remember to keep an eye on your belongings (including drinks) at all times. Fringe is not responsible for lost or damaged property.
The Hollywood Fringe Festival staff reserves the right to ask you to leave any Fringe activities at any time if any of these rules are violated. If the situation escalates, the Hollywood Fringe reserves the right to prohibit you from presenting as a part of the festival.
If you see or experience any of the above, please report it to any Fringe staff person as soon as possible. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org. This email is exclusively monitored by Fringe executive staff and will be responded to within 48 hours.