The Hollywood Fringe is dedicated to creating an inclusive environment, regardless of ethnicity, culture, religion, age, disability (physical or mental), sexual orientation and gender identity/expression.
The participant is free to produce any content of any length without fear of censorship from the Fringe. To read more on this, please visit our website.
This code of conduct exists not because we are expecting bad behavior to exist at the festival, but because we would like to honor the level of respect among the company that already exists. We know that outlining these responsibilities elevates our core values as a community and provides us with clear actionables should the culture of the festival ever head in a different direction. We will enforce and expand this statement as the festival grows.
The contents of this code of conduct are concepts we hope our participants value in their daily lives, but this code of conduct applies specifically to interactions in various areas of our shared festival grounds: including, but not limited to, our Festival-sponsored events, shared online spaces, social media, performance venues, Fringe Hot Spots, Fringe-specific rehearsals, and all workshops/town halls.
Bad behavior is not tolerated by the Hollywood Fringe Festival. Bad behavior includes sexual harassment, excessive drinking, aggression, and other inappropriate behavior as determined by the festival organization.
The Hollywood Fringe Festival reserves the right to refuse access to anyone from Fringe Festival activities, Fringe Central and more for behavior violating the below policy, with or without warning.
- Sexual harassment and sexual assault are completely forbidden. Sexual harassment includes unwanted touching, comments, lewd propositions and gestures. If you experience this or see it, please report it to any Fringe staff person.
- Verbal and physical intimidation and/or harassment are absolutely not allowed. Harassment is unwanted, unwelcomed and uninvited behavior that demeans, threatens or offends the victim and results in a hostile environment for the victim. Harassing behavior may include, but is not limited to, epithets, derogatory comments, assault, impeding or blocking movement, offensive touching or any physical interference with movement, and visual insults, such as derogatory posters or cartoons.
- The Hollywood Fringe strives to shut down racism, xenophobia, homophobia, transphobia, sexism, ageism, fatphobia, and ableism at the festival. This includes any derogatory comments, actions or harassment towards any party.
- Know your limits when it comes to alcohol. Fringe reserves the right to stop serving you at any point. Fringe staff will help assist you in getting home safely if you have had too much to drink.
- Aggressive behavior often goes along with excessive drinking and has no place at our events. Aggressive behavior due to drinking can include physical violence, physical and verbal threats, and verbal altercations.
- Remember to keep an eye on your belongings (including drinks) at all times. Fringe is not responsible for lost or damaged property.
The Hollywood Fringe Festival staff reserves the right to ask you to leave any Fringe Activities at any time if any of these rules are violated. If the situation escalates, the Hollywood Fringe reserves the right to prohibit you from presenting as a part of the festival.
If you see or experience any of the above, please report it to any Fringe staff person as soon as possible. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org.